Data scientist, the most desiring and sexiest job of the century, has witnessed immense demand over recent years. Today, women from every corner of the world are blazing a trail in Data Science.
Did you even know that it’s been found that the need for data scientists is going to rise further by 28% by coming 2 to 3 years?
So, pretty convincing to assume that this career choice is not going to decrease anytime soon.
Women surpass every possible field and have a long way to go ahead besides gender parity in technological and job sectors.
“There is no limit to what we, as women, can accomplish.”
Today, there are a number of women data scientists and leaders who are inspiring and proving the fact wrong that women are any less than men.
Wondering If Data Is Really A Career Choice For Women, Too, Just Like Men?
Of course, yes! No questions to be asked further. After all, women are amazing contrarian thinkers. They surpass at logical analyzing, nurturing a positive atmosphere everywhere, great problem-solving abilities, and be role-modellers.
Women are inquisitive and possess exceptional leadership skills, and that’s what makes them an ideal fit for a data scientist job. To all those women who are performing their jobs, with all their dedication and effort, kudos and a big shout out to each one of you.
Demand For Data Science Training In 2021
In 2020 itself, it’s been found that there were 2.9 million job openings for data scientists, and considering these numbers, by the end of 2021, it is certainly going to show an up movement. As per the report published by IBM, last year, the data scientist job boomed by lakhs and more. Hence, it would not be wrong to mention that the data scientist career is soon going to be the hottest job roles for both men and women in 2021 and beyond.
Job Roles In Data Science Domain
The steep increase in data science as a career choice in 2021 has led to a rise in various job roles and responsibilities. Some of them are listed below –
- Data administrator
- Data and analytics manager
- Data engineer
- Data scientist engineer
- Data statistician
In order to kick-start in this domain, one must pursue data scientist training and acquire the skills.
How Data Scientist Professional Be An Equally Fascinating Career Option For Women?
See, the purpose of this job is to dig facts and truths from a variety of data sources, and women are considered to be the best in it. Nevertheless, there are many reasons that make women ideal for this job. Let’s get to know them –
- Women possess great communication skills – In the data science domain, competence plays a key role. It gets pre-eminent to make decisions based on final data outcomes. Nevertheless, all professionals of this field have mutual knowledge, or we can say background of business acumen, statistics, math, computer science, and business analytics, but the primary thing that stands apart, in this case, is analytical thinking and constrains the approach. Not to forget, women often surpass it, which further leads them to the point where they tend to make informed and better business choices.
- Women possess great team management skills – Working as a data professional is an extremely demanding job, requiring seamless communication among one another and exceptionally agile performing skills to work. What’s more, working in some big-scale enterprise often has IT, business leaders to talk to and manage their business operations.
True data scientist professionals don’t just possess exceptional technical skills; instead, they are great at everything, probably the ones who can get the best insights out of the data that can further add value to the firm. Most essentially, they have got strong yet effective communication skills to convince another member to implement some great changes in order to come with some great outcomes in the forthcoming.
However, one other great reason for people showing more inclination towards this industry is it’s increased salary and upscaled market revenue.
Data Science Salary for 2021
Many people these days are getting attracted to this domain – the most significant reason behind it could be its challenging nature and the growth opportunities it has to offer.
Do you even know, as per Glassdoor, the average salary for a data scientist job is very much more than you can think?
Talking in numbers, it’s somewhere approx 1052k per year; that is pretty attractive on its own. However, too often than not, it varies from one enterprise and employee to that of another.
Women Data Scientists Who Ruled And Made A Difference
Despite the gender gap a big problem in the data science industry, many women have still made up a big difference and revolution in this domain.
Let’s now get to know about some brilliant and remarkable women ruling this data science arena.
- Radhika Kulkarni – Indeed, a lady that really made India really proud. She’s the most influential woman in history, who served more than 35+ years in AI, machine learning, and data research. Her work and enthusiasm towards her work really made her an inspiration for many.
- Corinna Cortes – Corinna was born in Denmark and possibly be the most remarkable data scientist in existence. She’s known for her highly effective working skills and knowledge, proving many prescriptions wrong that women can’t do this or that. Presently, she’s working at Google on theoretical as well as machine learning problems.
If you’re someone who’s willing to make a rewarding and challenging career ahead, along with so many perks to experience, explore this male-dominated data science field and start your journey today, and get enrolled in data science certification training.
Just never forget –
“Feminism isn’t about making women stronger. Women are already strong; it’s about changing the way the world perceives that strength.”