Advance Your Career with the Scrum Product Owner Certification
Are you thinking of advancing your career in the management domain? If so, then you should think of upskilling yourself to improve your career growth. These days, most organisations use Agile and Scrum project management methodologies and practices. Earn a Scrum product owner certification and start the journey of your career development.
What will you learn in the Product Owner Training?
- Learn the skills of being a Product Owner
The CSPO training will train you in the core concepts of Scrum and Scrum flow, which you can apply in your work environment.
- Learn to facilitate communication
You will learn to facilitate smooth and transparent communication channels between the team and the customers.
- Learn to lead agile teams
The training will help you understand the scope of a product owner, which will help you motivate and lead agile teams.
- Learn Planning
Planning is the bed rock of project management. This CSPO training will help you learn all about creating practical and efficient plans and schedules based on available resources and time.
Requirements for CSPO Certification
There are no prerequisites for taking up this certification program. Professionals who are interested in learning Scrum methodologies and want to go into project management can take up this product owner training program.
Who can benefit from this CSPO Training?
Our scrum product owner training is basically designed for any professional who is interested in becoming a project manager or wants to work on an agile project. Team leaders, project managers, agile team members, project executives, and software developers can take up this training.
CSPO Certification Training Description
This product owner certification training is detailed and will take you through the entire range of Scrum methodologies and practises. You will learn all about Scrum lifecycle, user story mapping, Scrum framework, breaking, ordering, estimation, and other core concepts. The training will also help you develop product backlog and create a product vision quality.
As a product owner, you will need to look at the product from the perspective of the customer. This means that you will need to explain the process to the customers and get feedback from them and share them with your team. At the same time, you will learn leadership skills that will help you motivate your team to deliver quality results within the deadline. The certification training will help you accomplish the responsibilities of the product owner. In the present scenario, CSPO experts have a vast scope and endless opportunities. Hence, having a CSPO certificate will enhance your career graph.
- The Scrum Flow, the core components of the Scrum framework, and the scrum Vocabulary
- The principles/legs of empirical process control
- The work culture Scrum creates
- Scope of the Product Owner, Scrum Master and the team role in detail
- Understand why there is no project manager and no agile product manager
- Importance of having the product vision as an overarching goal
- Desirable qualities of the vision and how it can be shaped
- Importance of carrying out just enough prep work
- Relationship between vision and product roadmap
- Different estimation levels in Scrum
- Why the accuracy of an estimate is more important than the precision of the estimate?
- Estimates of size and duration can be done separately
- Impact of pressuring team members to provide low estimates
- Difference between estimating and committing?
- Understand what the product backlog is, and what it is not
- Product backlog grooming
- Importance and benefits of prioritizing the product backlog
- Implications of saying everything is mandatory
- Who should have input into prioritization decisions?
- Proper prioritization of a product backlog is based on multiple factors
- How to apply formal approaches to prioritizing (i.e. beyond just ‘gut feel’ or intuition)?
- How much latitude to give a team in adjusting the sequence of work?
- Goals and how-to’ s of release planning
- Understand that planning is adaptive, iterative and collaborative
- Why quality is frozen and the concept of technical debt?
- Why software should be released early and frequently?
- Understand and measure velocity
- Release burn down charts
- How a release plan can help predict the future?
- Product owner’s role in Scrum meetings, and how the Product Owner and Team collaborate
- Why sprints are time boxed and protected?
- The concept of sustainable pace
- Team commitment
- Get trained by Scrum Alliance approved Certified Scrum Trainers® (CSTs)
- Course fee includes Scrum Alliance exam fee
- Courseware authored by Certified Scrum Trainers
- Get certified from the globally acclaimed accreditation body, Scrum Alliance
- Earn 16 PDUs and SEUs in just 2 days
- Confidently address project management challenges as an effective Product Owner
- Advance your knowledge with an experiential learning format
Benefits of Scrum Product Owner Certification
There has been a huge surge in the popularity of Agile and Scrum in project management in the last few years. Almost every organisation is adapting Agile and Scrum project management practises as they are beneficial for the business. Agile practices facilitate smooth communication between team members and stake holders. The scrum concepts assist team members to identify and understand the vision to deliver high-quality products and services. All this means that there will be a huge requirement for professionals who are certified in these scientific project management practises. The top benefit of taking up a project owner certification is that you will have a great scope for career development.
CSPO certification training will help you learn the core concepts and principles of Scrum project management and its applications. You will learn to manage your project and team better and deliver consistent results. The training will also help you gain leadership skills, which will help you advance your career path. Whether you want to go up the ladder in your current organisation or find a good position in the domain of project management, this product owner training will help you find the right path.
A Scrum product owner leads, guides, and manages the agile team. He/she is a representative of the business or the user community. The product owner works with the user group to analyze the features that need to be included in the product design. The role of a scrum product owner is critical in agile methodology project management.
The roles and responsibilities of a product owner include:
- Defining and prioritizing the product features
- Adjusting the features and priority as required after each sprint
- Rejecting or accepting work results
- Updating customers about project status and receiving feedback
A Scrum Master’s focus is completely on the team and the operations while a Product Owner looks at the product from the customer’s perspective. A scrum master is responsible for motivating the team and ensuring timely completion of the project. A Product Owner is responsible for maintaining product backlog and securing its visibility. However, the objective of both the profiles is to add value to the product.
If you are a product manager who wants to advance your skills or a team member interested in working in an agile team and advancing your career, this CSPO certification training will be suitable for you.
No, there are no online/virtual courses for CSPO. Scrum Alliance believes that understanding Scrum requires personal interaction than cannot be delivered in a virtual environment.
Yes, the Scrum Product Owner certification is recognized by all organisations across the globe. The value of CSPO certification has also gained momentum over the last few years as companies began to adopt Agile and Scrum methodologies. Organisations prefer CSPO certified professionals as they have the knowledge and skills to lead an agile team.
At present, the average Certified Product Owner salary is around $100K per year.
No, there are no online/virtual courses for CSPO. Scrum Alliance believes that understanding Scrum requires a greater level of personal interaction.
We do not provide transportation. Yes, refreshments and lunch will be provided.
Our Leading Courses
Advance your career and fullfill the role of a product owner in a scrum team.
Leverage the SAFe agilist Framework to lead a Lean Agile Enterprise
A course which will help you pass the PMI- PMP Examination in first attempt.
Gain Competence to oversee multiple projects and achieve business goals
An E-Learning course to help you understand fundamentals of IoT
Advance your career and fullfill the role of a product owner in a scrum team.
Submit your review
I bring expanded cases to bear and am comfortable dealing at all levels of an organization. I made myself able to overcome organizational obstacles adopting scrum practices. Thank you LearNow!
I can now access LearNow from my phone and it is really cool. Pari is a great instructor and I've learnt a lot from her under the CSPO certification program. Already recommended this course to a friend who's taking it now. He seems to be the happiest being in the way to be a Certified Scrum Product Owner.